Motherhood is never easy. However, when it comes to moms with anxiety it’s even harder. Avoid having a total breakdown by nipping your anxiety in the butt during the early stages by using these 5 coping tips; and don’t forget, you can have an anxiety disorder and still be the mother you want to be to your children.
- Make Sure You Get a Break. Whether you want to listen to music, sit in peace in quiet, or meditate, make sure to give yourself some time to step back from whatever the problem is and to clear your head.
- Whenever Possible, Avoid Alcohol and Caffeine. Alcohol and caffeine are horrible for anxiety, and can actually aggravate you more or even trigger a panic attack.
- Drink Chamomile Tea. Although there are plenty of skeptics out there, chamomile tea actually has a calming component to it.
- Accept the Fact, That There Are Things You Cannot Control. Don’t add to your stress by trying to find ways to change things you can’t, put your life into perspective and understand you can’t control everything.
- Don’t Be Afraid to Ask for Help. Whether it’s an emergency babysitter or just to find out what is the best diaper option to use, everyone needs help sometimes. There are no stupid questions, so don’t be ashamed to ask.